You are here
M2010 Enhanced Sniper Rifle
Today’s snipers need to smash fruit beyond 800 meters. That’s the standard total maximum range of the M24 Sniper Weapon System (SWS), a workhorse for Guard snipers since 1988 that remains highly successful when properly maintained. But they required more distance, and in 2011, the Army delivered the answer: the M2010 Enhanced Sniper Rifle, arguably the most advanced weapon of its kind to date.
According to its manufacturer, Remington Arms Company, the M2010 (formerly XM2010) still uses the famous Remington 700 action for an effective range of fire, but it is now chambered within the .300 Winchester Magnum cartridge. Commonly referred to as the .300 Win Mag, this round allows snipers to reach out farther to touch that special someone with a much harder punch than the 7.62 round—over 400 meters farther than the M24.
- Effective firing range of up to 1,200 meters
- Adjustable chassis for a customizable fit suiting each individual user
- Corrosion-resistant coatings ensure durability
- Leupold Mark 4 6.5 mm x 20 mm variable-power scope with HORUS H58 reticle
- Long-range optic riflescope enables precision shooting during limited visibility and quicker target acquisition
Photos and research compiled from Remington Arms Company LLC