You are here
Discounts Offered for Veterans Day
WASHINGTON, DC On Nov. 11, 2013, America will pay tribute to the men and women who served the nation. For Veterans Day, as a way to say thanks, many businesses across the nation will be giving discounts and running promotions and grants for Veterans.
Many establishments—from retailers, restaurants, hotels, cellphone providers, automobile services, insurance agencies, recreational sites, movie theaters, sports and entertainment venues, travel services and others—offer military discounts on Veterans Day and throughout the year.
The offers are subject to change or may not be offered at a particular location, so would-be takers should call ahead to confirm a discount is being offered. Most businesses also require proof of military service. A current military identification card or a DD Form 214 will usually suffice.
The following are deals as part of the Veterans Day 2013 recognition. Just because an establishment isn't listed doesn't mean it doesn't offer a great deal to the men and women who have served, so be sure to ask before making a purchase:
– Applebee's: free meal. Last year, Applebee's served over 1 million free meals to Veterans and Active service members. Applebee's is again offering a free meal to Veterans and Active Duty service members on Veterans Day. There will be seven entrées to choose from. Beverage and gratuity are not included.
– Bar Louie: free meal. Active Duty military members and Veterans can receive a free meal, up to $10 in value, and a free nonalcoholic beverage.
– Champps Americana: free burger. The restaurant is celebrating Veterans with an All-American Meal. Offer not valid for the Pepperjack Bacon Stack Burger or Kobe Burger. Dine-in only and valid at participating locations.
– Chili's: free meal. Chili's is offering all Veterans past and present their choice of one of seven meals. The offer is available from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., Nov. 11, at participating Chili's. Dine-in from limited menu only. Beverages and gratuity are not included.
– Denny's: Free all-you-can-eat pancakes from 6 a.m. to 2 p.m.
– Famous Dave's: free or discounted meals. Offer varies by location; please check the Famous Dave's Veterans Day page or call your local restaurant for more information.
– Fox & Hound and Bailey's Sports Bar: free item. Veterans and Active Duty military will receive a free item from the seven under $7 menu.
– Golden Corral: free meal. The 13th annual Golden Corral Military Appreciation Monday dinner is available to any person who has ever served in the United States military. Golden Corral restaurants have provided over 3.2 million free meals and contributed over $6.1 million to the Disabled American Veterans organization.
– Hooters: free meal. The restaurant chain is serving up a free meal to Veterans all day on Veterans Day. Get 10 free wings, boneless or regular. Drink purchase required. Offer valid at participating restaurants.
– Krispy Kreme: free doughnut and small coffee. Offer valid at participating Krispy Kreme stores.
– Little Caesars Pizza: free Crazy Bread, at participating stores nationwide.
– Lone Star Steakhouse: free appetizer for military members and Veterans. Taste of Texas Sampler not included. ID required; please call ahead for verification.
– Max & Erma's: free Best Cheeseburger Combo. Participating Max & Erma's locations are offering military members and Veterans a free Best Cheeseburger in America Combo, which includes tortilla soup or side Caesar salad, seasoned fries and chocolate chip cookies.
– McCormick & Schmick's Seafood Restaurants: free lunch or dinner. On Nov. 10, 2013, Veterans will be able to choose a complimentary lunch or dinner entrée. Veterans must provide proof of military service. Valid at participating restaurants only. Space is limited; reservations are highly recommended.
– Outback Steakhouse: free Bloomin' Onions and Coca-Cola products, from Nov. 8 to Nov. 11. This offer is available to military personnel with ID.
– Sam's Club: free Hugo canes. Locations nationwide will distribute 36,000 Hugo canes free, Nov. 9–11, to Veterans in need of mobility assistance. Limited quantities available, while supplies last. Sam's Club membership is not required. For more information, visit HugoSalutes.com.
– Sizzler Restaurants: Buy one 6 oz. steak entrée, get one free.
– Spaghetti Warehouse: buy one, get one free. The Spaghetti Warehouse is running a "Take a Veteran out to eat" promotion, Nov. 10–11. Buy one Lasagne or any Original Spaghetti entrée, get one free, with a coupon that can be found on their Facebook page: www.facebook.com/SpaghettiWarehouse.
– Texas Roadhouse: free lunch, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Every Texas Roadhouse location across the country will participate in the free lunch event. Choose from one of 10 free meals, plus sides and a drink.
– TGI Fridays: free lunch. Wear uniform, if permitted by your service, or present military ID or other proof of service. Valid only at participating locations.
– Olive Garden: free entrée. Offer good for Veterans and Active Duty military, Nov. 11, during regular business hours. Choose from a special menu; all entrées include freshly baked garlic sticks and choice of soup or salad. Offer good in U.S. and Canada.
– Tim Hortons: free doughnut to all Veterans. All U.S. locations.
– 7-Eleven: free small Slurpee. Offer good from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
– Uno Chicago Grill: Enjoy a free entrée or individual pizza, with the purchase of an entrée or pizza of equal or greater value.
Free recreational site admission for Veterans Day:
– Anheuser-Busch Parks: free admission. Anheuser-Busch Parks offers Active Duty service members and up to three dependents free admission to any of their parks once a year. Not valid at Discovery Cove and Aquatica, or at Christmas Town at Busch Gardens in Williamsburg, VA.
– Colonial Williamsburg: free admission. Colonial Williamsburg offers free weekend-long admission tickets to Active Duty military, Reservists, retirees, Veterans and their immediate dependents, Nov. 11–13.
– Fee Free Day at National Parks. To honor America's service men and women, Secretary of the Interior Ken Salazar announced that areas managed by the National Park Service would not charge entrance fees for Veterans Day weekend to Nov. 11. More than 100 national parks will be participating in this event.
– Knott's Berry Farm: free admission. Knott's Berry Farm has an annual military tribute event in which it offers military members past and present free park admission.
– Pro Football Hall of Fame: free admission. Annual Veterans Day Salute, Nov. 7, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Veterans and a guest will be admitted free for a daylong recognition of Veterans. Members of the Blue and Gold Star Mothers are also eligible for free admission. There will be a special ceremony beginning at 10 a.m. in the Hall of Fame's NFL Films Theater.
Retail Stores and More:
– Amazon.com: free MP3 album download. The free downloadable album "Veterans Day Honor" includes 12 songs as performed by the military bands and ensembles of the U.S. Armed Forces. Visit Amazon now through Veterans Day to download the album for free. The album will be full price again starting Nov. 11.
- Big Lots: 10 percent off your entire purchase.
– Cabela's: Standard employee discount to all Veterans, Active Duty military, Guard/Reserves, law enforcement, fire and EMS personnel on Nov. 10–11. Discount varies from 5 percent to 20 percent, depending on the item.
– Dollar General: 10 percent discount on entire purchase on Veterans Day. Offer good for all Active Duty military, retirees, Veterans, Guard/Reserve and immediate family members. The coupon can be found in the store circular, or by asking an employee. Also good online from Nov 11–13; use Coupon Code VETERANSDAY.
– Free car wash. Thousands of car washes around the country are offering Veterans a free car wash on Veterans Day. Find a list at Grace for Veterans, http://graceforvets.org, which helped Veterans receive 101,537 free car washes on Veterans Day in 2010.
– Jos. A. Bank Specials: Veterans Day Sale. All suits on sale, second for $47, with the Mix 'n Match. 40 percent off all dress shirts, sportshirts, ties and sportswear. Free shipping on orders of $195 or more.
– Kmart: Friday and Saturday sales. Early Veterans Day sale, Nov. 10, with an extra 5–10 percent off almost everything, with coupon code VETERANSDAY. Friday and Saturday specials, extra 5–15 percent off and free shipping on orders of $49 or more, with coupon code HOLIDAY.
– Sports Authority: 15 percent off all purchases.
– Sport Clips: Veterans Day National Cut-a-Thon and Help A Hero program. Sport Clips is the official haircutter of the VFW and will donate $1 from every haircut during the National Cut-a-Thon to VFW's Operation Uplink, which provides free phone time to Active Duty military personnel and hospitalized Veterans. Sport Clips stores also offer a Heroes discount that includes Active and retired military.
– Steve Madden: doubles military discount. Steve Madden is doubling its everyday military discount of 15 percent to 30 percent off for Veterans Day. In Steve Madden stores only; not valid online. Full-priced merchandise only.
– Army News Service